Last Saturday my dad and I went on an awesome hot air balloon ride! We started at Tom Sawyer park and flew up to 2000 feet high. It was a great view. We could even see a factory in Indiana. Some kids yelled and waved at us from the ground, and one lady was mad because we scared her animals. The best part was the landing. First we flew super close to the ground, and then the balloonist (I think that is what they call hot air balloon drivers) threw down ropes to his helpers who were in the chase car. They ran and grabbed the ropes, pulling the balloon into a field behind a school and soon many kids had gathered to watch our landing. Quickly the balloon dropped to the ground, but the wind kept dragging us! We bumped and hopped across the ground for about 20 yards. Then the people who had the ropes stopped us. They tipped the balloon over and the basket tumbled to the ground. Finally, surprised and laughing we all climbed out.
My dad (on the right) got to help blow up the balloon.
The balloon is a WHOLE lot bigger than it looks in the picture.
This is the shadow of the balloon. You can see some boy scouts camping on the right.
The cars looked like toys.
Another shadow, but with a better backround.
This is the inside of the balloon when the balloonist shot out the fire.
Wow, fantastic stuff Chase!
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome, Chase! I can't imagine what that would have been like. I'd be afraid with my camera up that high. I can just imagine dropping it . . . gives me shivers :)
ReplyDeleteMy favorite two pictures are the second balloon shadow one and the water tower one. You don't normally look down on water towers :) Very neat.
I'm looking forward to our trip to Red River Gorge. I'm sure there will be some good photos from there. I have some pictures from a trip there this spring on my blog if you're interested.
Anyway, very cool post!
I looked at your post about Red River Gourge, and cannot waid to go! I think I have tried a mayapple. It is VERY sour. Thanks for the comment.
ReplyDeleteWell, you've got me beat then. I've never actually tried one. Hee hee. But I have tried dandelions . . .
ReplyDelete